View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 01:11 PM   #82 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by derraj06 View Post
Looking at the parts more at work today, this doesn't look like a fun install for a RRP equipped car. Looks like I'm gonna have to disconnect the hoses from the pump and bring it back out. Fun times.
Ultimately it will all go together the same as the stock one for a RRP car.

I think assembly will be a little easier since you wont have to be so careful not to break the stock one. Overall the unit feels MUCH more rigid and sturdy.

Also, what you can do, is not put the small retaining clip on, and this could make installation much easier. This would allow you to put the bottom half of the fuel pump into the tank first, connect the 3 RRP hoses, THEN bring the top hat and spring(s) to it. Since the aluminum hat is not going to flex and allow the bottom to slide around, the retaining clip wouldnt really be serving much of a purpose once its all in the tank. To do this technique, I would probably pull the snap ring out for the electrical bulkhead and use that large hole so I could see inside while lowering the hat to the canister, so I could line up the rods correctly. If all this makes sense LOL