Thread: Top is broken
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2016, 12:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
mrthomr
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Z Roadster
mrthomr has a reputation beyond reputemrthomr has a reputation beyond reputemrthomr has a reputation beyond reputemrthomr has a reputation beyond reputemrthomr has a reputation beyond reputemrthomr has a reputation beyond reputemrthomr has a reputation beyond reputemrthomr has a reputation beyond reputemrthomr has a reputation beyond reputemrthomr has a reputation beyond reputemrthomr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Top is broken

I have a 2010 with 49k miles and the top assembly is broken. Ive been having issues for the past year with the top sticking during opening. So, I would just reverse the top to close, then reopen and I would generally not have a problem. Well, not anymore. Nissan dealership looked at it today and quoted me 20k to fix it. Its an all or nothing purchase from Nissan for part #97003-1ET0A. The driver side top assembly brackets were broken. One was laying on the floor when they diagnosed the problem. Needless to day, I'm not going to pay that to have it fixed. Time to start looking at the junk yards for an assembly.

They have it right now and are having an issue getting the top closed. The top alarm is currently going off when the car is moving due to the clamp under the rear window not opening up to secure the top. They tell me its going to take a couple hours of labor to get in there, apply power to some motor to release the clamp to then secure the top in a closed position. No more enjoying the sun until I get this fixed I guess. What a crappy day.
mrthomr is offline   Reply With Quote