View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 03:51 PM   #64 (permalink)
ban25
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 17 C7 Z06 M7
ban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by labrador View Post
Sorry man, a bit off topic here but what camera are you using on your track vids? The resolution is wonderful, my gopro doesnt look as clear and smooth as yours.
GoPro Hero 4 Black in 1080p/60 mode. The key is to make sure you have a rigid mount that won't be subject to vibration...the normal GoPro suction mount won't do. Personally, I use this tow-hook mount:

P-Tuning Tow Hook and GoPro Mount
PTUNING.COM | Performance Auto Parts Warehouse, Installation, and Dyno Tuning

PTUNING.COM | Performance Auto Parts Warehouse, Installation, and Dyno Tuning

As well as a RAM Mount (suction) for a general purpose internal/external camera mount:

RAM Custom GoProŽ Hero Adapter - RAP-B-202U-GOP1 | RAM Mounts

I also use the RAM Mount for my iPhone when running Harry's Lap Timer, to insure accurate GPS and accelerometer data:

RAM Model Specific Form-Fitted Cradle for the Apple iPhone 6 WITHOUT CASE, SKIN OR SLEEVE Unpackaged - RAM-HOL-AP18U | RAM Mounts

NOTE: The form-fitting mounts are the only ones that work. The "X-Grip" mounts are much too loose to hold the phone securely at speed and while cornering.