View Single Post
Old 08-08-2016, 02:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
onzedge
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 240Z
onzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond reputeonzedge has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyristor View Post
The other day i was driving around town in my Nismo with my lights off because it was still day light out and i was pulled over and ticketed for having my lights off 20 minutes past sundown. It is my fault for not having my lights on auto mode but i dont think it would have mattered since it was still very much light out. I feel as though in a normal situation in a different car i would have just been told to turn my lights on or i wouldnt have been pulled over at all but since i was in my Z i feel as though i was targeted and cited. Very petty.

Does anyone else receive this petty behavior from law enforcement or am i just unlucky?
Pennsylvania requires your headlights to be on between sunset and sunrise, as well as in other conditions like inclement weather and in construction zones.

You were in violation of the law so I do not think it was "petty". A bit of self-education will help you better adhere to the law and avoid future "profiling".

Here is a link to the Pennsylvania Driver's Manual to get you started.

https://www.dot.state.pa.us/Public/D...h/PUB%2095.pdf

I am here to help.