View Single Post
Old 08-06-2016, 07:48 AM   #2359 (permalink)
Volk Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo Z
Volk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
You guys need to go back about two weeks and read my posts. Juke news is where you will find Z news....
The new Juke is being built on the new CMF-B chassis. If that is too technical for some of you. It's the GRIP Z chassis.
That is also the same chassis I posted on about a week ago when I stated that Nissan was going to use a MODULAR CHASSIS, capable of multi drivetrain usage for a range of vehicles. My guess the Grip Z looked as it did was because it was showing the marriage between the Z and Juke in the next generation. Which only makes sense considering this generation they went all out on Juke Nismo's. They are getting more performance oriented. This gen I'm expecting big things for the Juke.

Now being that the chassis is modular I'm 99.9% right that this chassis will be shared with the Z.

By the way. A grip z, 1.6 turbo engine, fully equipped, 5 passengers, all wheel drive and automatic transmission is 2,550lbs.

So 3,300 lb Z is NOT HAPPENING. it will lose between 200-300lbs easy. I expect a production Juke to be 100lbs lighter than the outgoing model in full production guise. So about 2,700lbs. I expect a 4 cylinder RWD Z to weigh the same as an AWD juke. Only because the chassis will be much more rigid.

Also remember the weight of AWD, That's the offset in the situation. So it makes it more than possible.

Classier, smarter new Nissan Juke coming in 2017 | Auto Express

Oh and the Z has carbon fiber now!!!! What makes u think we gonna go backwards? I expect more carbon fiber. I know we'll continue to use a carbon fiber drive shaft and radiator housing for sure. We aren't losing that. I think your speculation is pretty empty.
I like where your head is at! I feel like you and I are the only ones believing the new Z will in fact be lighter than the current 370z model...
My original guess was like 2900-3000 pounds for the V6TT. The Z also currently uses aluminum which is light and cheap. And yes the carbon fiber drive shaft has been on the Z since 2003 models.
I see a carbon fiber add on pack like the. RCF offers.