View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 09:47 AM   #2346 (permalink)
ViCiouS
Base Member

Drives: '14 981 Cayman S
ViCiouS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaeMaestro View Post
You do bring up some good points. A car isnt about the weight and hp alone. I did say it would be a competitor for the gt4 and by numbers alone (power/weight). Not by handling or even by 0-60. I based this off the fact that you can pick two out of the three: power, light, or cheap. What I'm saying is I dont see the 400hp "cheap" car being to light. (Its got to be at least 3300...)

Also id argue you cant put 0-60 times the way you did it. 0-60 these days will highly depend on tranny and in some cases a launch control or active suspension controlling weight. Even if the z had a better power/weight id put my money on the fancy cars. That double clutch ATM alone will save 0.25 secs easily. (Just pulled a number out my *** just so you know).

I was just detailing it as an example that power/weight is a small factor. The Porsche dual clutch (PDK) is out of this world and does have launch control (i've had one for a month as of today but haven't launched). Takes 0.3 secs off at minimum (manufacturer rating), so good guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebase99 View Post
IMO, like I and many have stated a few times about a Z35. To keep costs down it will probably share a chassis, the engine is already there, multiple options in fact. Assuming a Z35 IS made, itll have the 3.0 Turbo making the stated 400HP (at least), and itll be 3300 pounds in all reality (minimum). No carbon fibre, no exotic weight saving stuff. And thats fine. Its not gonna be an $80K car, its going to be low $40's at most and $30K to get you on the road. Tooling, material...its already there.
Spot on. I expect mid 30s base msrp for the 3.0TT though. If they do make a weaker engine version it will be in the 20s to compete the the BRZ etc.
ViCiouS is offline   Reply With Quote