View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 08:18 AM   #1566 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bLKchry370z View Post
8 hours? lol!!! I'm pretty sure that I can have it done in more than half that time. I used to be flat rate. It's not me actually doing the work that's the issue here. It's more the fact that this is a very common issue and the fact that I spent extra money on a Nissan extended warranty, that the dealer should stand behind it and fix it. That's the reason I spent the money on it. It's about principal right now. I opened up a case with Nissan and waiting to hear back from their regional rep. As it sits now, I'm going to toss the car up in the air after work and bleed out all the old fluid and replace it just to rule that out. Might as well go with the inexpensive attempt just for that little piece of mind. I don't think it'll fix it, but it'll be worth the try.
You spent extra money on warranty coverage and it's not covered? That's some bull$hit right there. I might inquire about "good will coverage" based on the money you spent on a warranty that doesn't cover the part.

But if you don't have any luck at the dealer or just want to give up on them, try replacing the master first (as long as there's not fluid coming out of the transmission bell housing). If that doesn't do it then just get one of the aftermarket solutions. You can't go wrong with ZSpeed or Z1 options unless you pair the ZSpeed HD CSC with a Spec clutch. Might as well do the clutch while the transmission is down if you think it needs it.

I did the Z1 kit in my garage on jack stands with the help of a friend (didn't replace the clutch because it only had 50K miles on it at the time). It took us two full days over a weekend, but neither of us had removed a transmission before. Personally, I wouldn't do it again without a lift, but it wasn't a difficult job. We had no major issues and the first test drive went great. Two years later and I'm very pleased with the kit. Replacing the slave cylinder now only costs $60 and takes <30 min.

FWIW, there is an HD CMC on the market. I had some issues installing one of the unit from the first production batch, so I am waiting for those issues to get worked out. I'll give it another go here in a few months probably. Hoping it will solve all of the clutch hydraulic issues for good!

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote