View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 06:49 AM   #36 (permalink)
jkatt
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Nissan 370z
jkatt is on a distinguished road
Default where can i get the mesh grill for the front?

where can i get the mesh grill for the front? or would i have to buy a whole
new piece? (bought the car this way)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheee! View Post
The front was considerably easier...

The side skirts just need a small amount of prep. One had a bit of a wow in it but I will discuss that later.

Primer

Then the sacrilege! I had them sand down the CF Seibon spoiler and prep it for paint. The shop wanted me to keep it CF, but I wasn't going that route...

Then into the paint booth!

Followed by final fitting.

Finally it was out of the body shop! It was there for 6 weeks.... over 40 hours of labour to get the kit done. The quote was $2100 for paint, body work and mounting/fitting. The actual bill was over $6000...!

The owner and I sat down and worked it all out to $3500 for the work. He underestimated the time for his body guy to fit and finesse the panels to look just right. I wanted a good job and knew the quote was going to be low, but I was not prepared for a 300% surcharge! Bottom line is: talk to the body shop and make sure they are accurate with their quote. You don't want a cheap job, but you don't want to put their kids through college either!

Finally home!

A couple final touches like the Fairlady emblem and a custom made tow hook!

The stock HKS tips still on here. I had the FringeXVO tips sent out for new powdercoat!

As you can see here, the side skirts have still not been put on at this time. I would need to find some time to 'fix' the slight wow in the driver side skirt.

A couple with the Fringe tips on!

Then up into the air to have the skirts mounted finally!

This pic shows the side that had the wow. If you look you can see the white silicone filler in place by the driver door corner. It dries to a clear finish and then coloured black to hide the small gap. The passenger side attached no problem.

And that is it!

Thanks for reading! I am happy to answer all questions.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg z2.jpg (51.8 KB, 15 views)
jkatt is offline   Reply With Quote