View Single Post
Old 08-03-2016, 12:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
KoolKarmaJoe
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09' Nissan 370Z R M6
KoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud ofKoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud ofKoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud ofKoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud ofKoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud ofKoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud ofKoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud ofKoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud ofKoolKarmaJoe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bLKchry370z View Post
I think I'm now victim to this issue. I was driving home saturday night and my pedal went spongy. I was able to get it home, the pedal didn't drop to the floor and there was no actual loss in pressure, but now the pedal is grabbing much higher than normal. I dropped the car off last night at the dealer to see what they say. Anyone else have a similar issue where the pedal went spongy but still had a pedal? Just doesn't make too much sense to me as to how that could be. I just hope they don't say that it's the actual clutch.
Yes, I have had same issue. This is my 2nd time around for this problem. 1st time, pedal went to floor and stayed there! I then had a new CMC, Heavy Duty CSC, heat shielded insulated clutch lines and GTR Fluid installed. Also upgraded clutch & installed solid billet steel flywheel (19lbs).
All was good until hot summer weather arrived.
2nd time I had problems, clutch pedal spongy, slow to return, and then I had to pull pedal up with foot to get it to return. 90° plus outside temp, & I was in a traffic back-up from beach.
Made it home. Checked clutch fluid level, it was good, but fluid noticeably darker in color.
Note I do have aftermarket 3" dual exhaust (header back). I think a lot of heat is transferred from them.
Car sat in garage 2 days. I went for drive and clutch was fine, for awhile. But after about 40+ minutes of driving, clutch problem arrouse again.
If I "granny shift" car, with no high rpm, I can get by longer, but that defeats purpose of why I bought the car.
I'm considering the CSC elimination kit, but not sure of fit with after market exhausts.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

KoolKarmaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote