View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 06:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
birdman71
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: People Crazy!
birdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond reputebirdman71 has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't extend my tips on my exhaust at all. You did go with ARK so its not like you got your exhaust for performance but if you got it for the sound you will screw with the sound of the exhaust too.
My friend has the same diffuser on his Nismo with the same body style year. It does extend slightly but that is the way any diffuser should be.

A diffuser really isn't for show, its more for aerodynamic purpose and downforce. Carbon Signals is the closest underside and finned diffuser that can be "for looks"
Any other diffuser upward from that point, APR CRZY, etc. is huge and ment to stick your cars *** to the ground in turns.

IF ANYTHING, I would call ARK and see if they are able to make a custom pair of axleback's for the exhaust you have that are a bit longer if the length it sticks our bugs you still. Seems like it would be a better way than screwing with the current ones and creating a thinner metal on the exhaust or an exhaust leak.
I know Tony at Fast Intentions does the custom muffler deleted axlebacks for FI exhaust.

Birdman's Build:
Powerhouse Amuse/ Nismo/ Eibach/ ACT/ Tommy Kaira/ Avant Garde/ Fast Intentions/ Project Kics/ Fly 1 Motorsports/ EVO-R/ Z1 Motorsports/ Weber Sports/ Zoom/ Zele Japan
birdman71 is offline   Reply With Quote