View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 10:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Zthirty4NISMO
Base Member

Drives: DRKNITE
Zthirty4NISMO is on a distinguished road

So I got to checking all of the fuses in the Intelligent Power Distribution Module located by the battery and came across the 15A ‘ENG CNTRL’ blown. I replaced this fuse and sure enough this was the culprit to not being able to start the car. HOWEVER, the car still is running rough as I described above (could really tell from the exhaust pulses). Seems like excessive vibration or like it’s not running on all cylinders. I’m sure if I let it run long enough, something would cause this fuse to blow again and then the engine would die and would end up in the same scenerio. The interesting thing is, I was able to scan for codes now since the fuse was replaced (scanner would error before when fuse was blown) and it found none, which seems odd for how the engine is acting.

Anyone have any info on this fuse and why it would have blown? Don’t know why the engine isn’t running smoothly either without a code being thrown. May be the tank of gas (I’m 100% positive it’s 91), MAF, spark plugs, injectors?
Always Dry || AROSPEED || Covercraft || CoverKing || EVO-R || Fast Intentions || FilterMag || NISMO || ONEighty || Prismatic Powders || RJM Performance || The370Z.com || Trackspec || ZSPEC Design || ZSPEED Performance || Z1 Motorsports || Panaflex Carbon Ceramic Tint