Thread: pfdaxe's Build
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 02:24 PM   #86 (permalink)
pfdaxe
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Touring AT Sport
pfdaxe is a splendid one to beholdpfdaxe is a splendid one to beholdpfdaxe is a splendid one to beholdpfdaxe is a splendid one to beholdpfdaxe is a splendid one to beholdpfdaxe is a splendid one to beholdpfdaxe is a splendid one to behold
Default Splitter

It's been some time since I posted so I thought I'd share my latest. Last month while on road trip from Phoenix to Vegas, my Fly1motorsports Alumalite front splitter came loose and dragged along I-40. I didn't realize until I reached Kingman and heard a noise from the front. I jacked up the front end and took it off. I didn't feel like shelling out the $275 that Fly1motorsports wants for a replacement, so I sourced the necessary materials locally for far less. While I was at it, I wrapped the new splitter in 5k gloss carbon fiber. Here are some pics:

New Splitter:

I think it came out pretty good. This time, I not only used 3M tape and self tappers, I use stainless nuts & bolts to secure. We'll soon find out how it holds up as we're heading back to Vegas the last weekend in August...

pfdaxe is offline   Reply With Quote