Thread: Clunking noise
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 11:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
BoneZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2012 Silver Thang
BoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond reputeBoneZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Clunking noise

I have a random clunking noise that I've been noticing in the Z. To me it kind of sounds like it's in the front suspension, so being under the impression it was under warranty, I took it to Nissan. The guy at the service center took it around the parking lot a little bit and he is saying that to him it sounds like something along the lines of having to pull the rear drive shaft out and lubricating the rear splines. He said this is very common with the Z. Does anyone here have any thoughts of this or experience to this extent?