View Single Post
Old 07-29-2016, 12:02 PM   #2277 (permalink)
Desert Rat
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370Z M6 Base
Desert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montez View Post
I agree, it's reminding me of 95/96 with the Z32 but for slightly different reasons. Those cars did not sell that well due to the outrageous pricing for the time mainly, so the car took a hiatus for 7 years to give Nissan plenty of time to think of a new strategy to come up with a highly successful Z33 a better price point. The Z34 is not successful do to low sales, different economy and pretty much minor updates over it's production run that has made it stale in may peoples eyes, every other car has been updated and has much more technology on board. I can see another hiatus coming or it being dropped totally unfortunately, even though it's intended as a low production product it has not met it's predicted low number of sales.
Difference between now and then is that back in 96 Nissan was in financial trouble...that was before the Renault rescue.

Z32 was a great car but got a reputation as being miserable to work on and as you stated, it was priced way too high. Same thing killed the Supra. Funny thing is though...those old Z32 TT cars can be had for sub $10k for a decent one now, and a high mileage same vintage supra is going for well north of $20k in the used market.

I'm torn on which of those cars I like better......

I just sold my 1985 Z31 last week. They sold more of those that year than the entire run thus far of Z34s.
Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote