View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 04:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
Yes
Yes you are absolutely being paranoid. Oem spring clamps are usually much better grade than after market screw type. Also all the other bigger hoses will be using a much more robust spring clamp, the one on the little hose is just the wimpy flat spring steal not like the bigger thicker clamps.

As for your professional tech I can tell you what probably happened being I came from the industry. They usually get paid on a system called flat rate so paid per job. Probably got paid for the inspection saw the coolant and then given no time to diag so just threw a cap at it. Not saying it is right but it is what happens which is why I am a huge opponent of flat rate shops. If tech follows the proper steps then they make no money if they cheat they make more.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote