View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 07:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
ZeeBabar
Banned

Drives: 2006 350z
ZeeBabar has a reputation beyond reputeZeeBabar has a reputation beyond reputeZeeBabar has a reputation beyond reputeZeeBabar has a reputation beyond reputeZeeBabar has a reputation beyond reputeZeeBabar has a reputation beyond reputeZeeBabar has a reputation beyond reputeZeeBabar has a reputation beyond reputeZeeBabar has a reputation beyond reputeZeeBabar has a reputation beyond reputeZeeBabar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecioVato View Post
congrats man - but I gotta ask - you had THREE Z's? What made you give up the first one to begin with?
I say this but at the same time - I have contemplated trading my Z in....for ANOTHER Z with lower mileage and a Nismo or one with mods.
The first one was an '06. 350z, black and auto. Kept it for a year and then traded it for a 2009 370 Z base, auto. Read in these forums and reviews that the manual and the sports package were worth it, that rev match and manual were the way to go. A 13' gun metal, sports package with manual was available for a good deal in early 2015 was available and I bought that. A few months and about 12000 miles later, I made a huge mistake.

I was returning from Tunica (MS) after having lost more $$$ and filled with remorse, it was 9:15 a.m. And I took the exit to my home but a Mazda dealer was in the way. I pulled in and traded my Z car for a Mazda 6 for my wife. She had been driving an old Prius. I gave her the brand new Mazda6, took her Prius.

About two weeks later, my wife insisted I give the Prius to my daughter, get myself another car. I ran to the Mazda dealer, offered him the price of a new Mazda 6, said I wanted my old car (on his parking lot) back. He had my precious gun metal 2013 listed for $25,900, refused to sell it back to me for the price of a new Mazda 6 ($21000) or even $22500. I was pissed. I ended up buying a 2013 Genesis Coupe RSpec.

To my surprise, it was pretty good and fast too. Bright red with red leather seats and a nice interior. The 6 speed manual was not bad at all. I drove it for about 8 months, put on 16k miles.

However, I loved the look and exclusivity of the Z and finally ended up with a choice of a 2013 sports package auto, red with 32k miles at a $4000 difference or a 2014 model, sports package, auto (with an off market pioneer system with better sound) and just 8200 miles for a difference of $7000+. I opted for the latter.
ZeeBabar is offline   Reply With Quote