View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 07:53 PM   #27 (permalink)
ban25
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 17 C7 Z06 M7
ban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond reputeban25 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dua564 View Post
Thanks guys! I appreciate your insightful responses. I will work on that before my next track day.

As for the steering wheel vibration I had, I took my car into the dealership and they said they would take $80 just to inspect! So I didn't want to do that but the service advisor said that if the vibration is happening at the steering wheel, it probably means the front rotors are "warped" and said resurfacing should fix the issue. Most people have said that rotors are never really "warped" just brakes are not bedded in properly. Also the vibration now only happens at hot temperature. I stopped seeing it on freeway braking. Resurfacing/buying new rotors are basically the same cost and my car is only 20k miles!!

When do you guys usually get rotors replaced? ( I have 20k miles and tracked the car twice at Laguna Seca).
I get at least a dozen track days on a set of StopTech rotors. They tend to vibrate for a lap or two when bedding in a new set of pads, but no issues beyond that. I just check for minimum thickness and look for cracks to make sure there's nothing on the edge.