View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 11:32 AM   #8 (permalink)
ChopsZ
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z GM 6MT
ChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by celiboom View Post
exactly there is no wire in the back of base model. There is a big debate weather it's a good thing or not to add extra speakers there.

As for my initial question, i decided to buy a Head unit. Double din Kenwood 7" touch.
I'm in the camp of not adding rear speakers, so that was never a concern for me. Heck, even my home system is only 2-channel.

What I was getting at is if there were wires back there, they could be tapped into to feed a signal into a powered sub, nothing more.

But now after more research and thought, I'd rather just tap into the rear speaker outputs directly behind the stock head unit as it would be much easier to do, and easier to run the wires under the center console to the back of the car than pulling out all of the interior panels to get to them in the stock rear speaker locations.