View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 10:38 AM   #50 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_Z09 View Post
I 100% hear what you're saying (I do own a Ducati instead of a UJM that would have been 2/3 the price and probably slightly faster). However, I'm hearing a bunch of excuses from Z owners along the lines of "ours looks better, ours is cheaper, blah blah blah...." the same Z owners who then turn around and say "what about a GT-R if you want to spend that kind of money?" Talk about a disengaged, unexciting-looking car... and the 'Vette is still cheaper. By a lot. Like you could have a Z06 AND a 370Z for the cost of one of those things these days.

I don't like brand loyalists who are unwilling to admit that their particular car isn't the best thing since sliced bread in every category. It reeks of butthurt.

As a side note the Z has zero torque IMO. I came from Mustangs though so my opinion is skewed. I bought the Z for its looks and handling characteristics more than anything. And for the fact that the nismo (at the time) didn't come in AT so I wouldn't have to worry about people who can't drive owning one.
I hear you and lol on zero torque. On the muscle side I'm a camaro man so mustang torque is a joke to me. The Z is actually adequately torquey "For Its Intended Purpose". I find it to have a good balance of power & handling.