Thread: ECU reset
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 08:17 AM   #16 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by neejv. View Post
just wondering, will this procedure clear/reset the way your car learn how you drive?
I'm pretty sure (but not positive) that it does but it only takes a little while for it to relearn. The ECM is constantly adjusting the how-I've-been-driving params, so you won't really lose anything.

Be aware the the ECM will also forget engine tuning params. The engine will run a little rough until it relearns. This doesn't take very long.

Details of what happens during the reset procedure should be in the FSM (link in my sig).

PS: The emissions system readiness will probably be reset also (see FSM to verify). This takes several drive cycles to show ready. Shouldn't be a problem unless you have a smog check done very soon after the reset.

PPS: The FSM is your friend. Download a copy and keep it handy.