View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 12:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by derraj06 View Post
VDC off on an OEM car does not completely turn VDC off, it just greatly reduces the interference of the system. The only way to truly kill VDC is to unplug the yaw sensor or pull the abs fuse which will also kill the tail lights.

For the ECUTek traction control, you can reduce it to 0% which would simulate VDC being completely off/disabled from what I was told. Adding in percentage of traction control would start to simulate an OEM VDC off condition. Probably best to contact ECUTek themselves to ask what they do in their software though.
Yea that was my first thought but I can't find an ecutek contact, more like they want to be completely hands off and just have everything go through the tuner.

I've heard that about the VDC off Oem isn't truly off but it's odd as it let me spin a full 180 with no interference or trying to keep the car straight at all. Would really like a concrete answer as to if it adjust just wheel
Slip or also the level of tail happiness before it engages. I'll see my tuner next month for a dyno tune and see if I can get more detail as to just what it is adjusting.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote