View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 11:41 AM   #2214 (permalink)
njobe89
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370z BS 6MT
njobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond reputenjobe89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
I feel like they have a couple HUGE reason to start from scratch on the Z.

1. The Z is a heritage car. It's name has resonated for 47 years and most generations have had an impact in the automotive world.

2. Before the HONORABLE MR. K. passed away. The father to our cars. The man who invented Z philosophy. He test rode/drove the 370z and was very very disappointed. He thought the Z34 evolution was shameful at best. He thought the car was heavy and drove like a truck.

The Japanese take honor seriously. I think the next Z for right now is not just about "the numbers" or about Carlos Ghosen. It's about Nissan not destroying it's own heritage and disrespecting the man's legacy that put Datsun-Nissan's name on the world map? If there was no Z? Nissan wouldn't have grown in the 70's to the heights that they did.

I believe this one is for Mr. K. If this gen doesn't pan out? Then next generation I foresee a cancellation or no export. The corvette has only sold 12,000 units last year. And plans keep going forward. So I think a quality Z can sell close to that number. Especially abroad where it's name gets more respect.
if they took honor seriously, they would have fixed the csc issue, but yet they haven't touched it. honor is long gone, no more

Stillen CBE, Stillen Gen 3, TP's, Uprev tuned - 324whp/264tq
njobe89 is offline   Reply With Quote