View Single Post
Old 07-20-2016, 09:09 AM   #182 (permalink)
MAMotorsports
Track Member

Drives: 370Z
MAMotorsports has a reputation beyond reputeMAMotorsports has a reputation beyond reputeMAMotorsports has a reputation beyond reputeMAMotorsports has a reputation beyond reputeMAMotorsports has a reputation beyond reputeMAMotorsports has a reputation beyond reputeMAMotorsports has a reputation beyond reputeMAMotorsports has a reputation beyond reputeMAMotorsports has a reputation beyond reputeMAMotorsports has a reputation beyond reputeMAMotorsports has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucelidat View Post
If I could pick up 40who/40wtrq from Larger TBs, larger intake piping, ported upper/lower manis and the Cams for about $5500 all in (including labor and tune) without it sounding bad (the 'lobe lobe lobe' sound I've heard from some other cams), I am probably in. I know that's asking a lot, but that's what it would take for this investment to be worthwhile to me at this point. Any knowledgeable people think that is reasonable or possible?

These are my hopes/expectations for gains

Stage 2 cams - 20whp, 35wtrq (seems like a lot, but they're saying the stage 1s gained 30 so...)
Ported upper/lower mani - 7whp
70mm TBs - 6 whp
Larger CAI piping - 4 whp
bump (top end) from losing the m370 - 5 whp
Trq from combination of piping, TBs, upper/lower manis - 10 wtrq

total - 42 whp, 45 wtrq
end result - 350+whp, 310 wtrq for under 6k

Is this a pipe dream?

These numbers do not seem like a pipe dream to me, but the variance from brand to brand for each part will have to be taken into account. As one brand may loose power, one may make power. Only testing will tell. Even more so with every car being a little bit different, and people being in different locations, different dynos, etc. The number on the dyno is not always the full story.

One big thing I see missing on your list is headers, its in my belief that to take full advantage of the upcoming C2s a set of long tubes will be a big step forward. Even more so if you are on the hunt for torque.

-Daelen

MA-Motorsports.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MA-Mo...C/125379858828
MAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote