View Single Post
Old 07-20-2016, 01:39 AM   #226 (permalink)
Bummer
Premium Member

Drives: 13 370Z RTS SR M6
Bummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond repute

Yep OldGuyFla, good eye for an old guy. Straight off of fleabay: Universal Billet Super Short Screw in Antenna Topper 18mm Black | eBay

Keep in mind, TX370ZVert, when it comes to reception "decent" is relative. I live in Indianapolis and didn't test it going cross-country, just in town. The local radio station I listen to, when I listen to FM, is Q95. It's a 50k watt station. They probably melted the stuff near their antenna long ago. Turned cows into goats. Sterilized careless wanderers. Heavy electro-magnetic radiation. I have no idea how it'd pick up a tiny station pumping 2 watts out of a 20 foot antenna. Might have to park pretty close.

Still, it's way better than the 3" antenna I used to have. At $15 it might be worth a try. Bear in mind that I don't think twice about dropping fifteen bucks to send my grandson off to the water slide to drive other people crazy, so YMMV on that one. Oh, and you can always carry the stock antenna in the trunk and change it if you want to go to Montana for the weekend.

Bummer is offline   Reply With Quote