View Single Post
Old 07-19-2016, 07:52 AM   #896 (permalink)
TopgunZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 06 350Z , 09 370Z MT
TopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond reputeTopgunZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly Z View Post
Did a before and after run and gained 1 psi at around 6500 rpms. May have gained more but ran out of room on the road. I need to get on that dyno. I need to get ahold of Seb and arrange a time to do it. Been real busy with getting ready to move and work.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
NICE!!! A full psi is 100% worth it.. and more. I figured it would be a definite gain as after the 20 dyno pulls, and a half can of some pretty amazing belt grip I figured that was about what you would gain from getting more grip on that belt. If i had time to do this i would have, glad i could help encourage the project. Great job!

And if anyone is thinking "what about cog belts on the supercharger side". DO NOT TRY THIS. I went through 2 belts and 2 weeks of headaches. It will never be reliable enough to run. The setup back there just wont allow the clearances you need. The extra pulley is where we really need to put the grip down anyway. However, i will say the sound that came out of the cog setup was very intoxicating to say the least. Reminded me of my old positive displacement eaton blower on my 350Z. Wish i could have gotten it to work.