View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 12:35 PM   #1519 (permalink)
Z&I
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370z 6MT FI
Z&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the roughZ&I is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by COSMO View Post
Wow now that is a long @ss wait but I'm guessing it was well worth it? What are your built motor specs and can you post up a dyno of that beast???
The motor was built by Kyle Puckett of Import Parts Pro in Spring Texas.
He's a phenomenal guy to work with - and he's the former World Record Holder in 1/4 mile in his Turbo 300ZX.

1993 Nissan 300ZX Turbo - VG30DETT Engine - Turbo & High-Tech Performance Magazine

I went with the 800whp package, but added some changes.
At the time I was still going to go with the SC'r and hadn't planned on going Twin Turbo, so no need to spend the extra money since I just had my hours cut at my job.

I did add CP rods and pistons 9.5:1 CR .020 overbore and racing bearings.
Opted for the ARP head and main bolts as well.
Did the Heads and 3 way valve job also.
Thinking back I probably should have gone the whole 9 yards - good up to 1000+ whp but I didn't.

AAM checked with Kyle on the technical level before going forward with the build.
So I'm good for 800 whp [on the conservative side].
This year I just want the car back and don't plan on making a full pass the first few times out.

Don't want to go faster than 11.5 for now and have the car go back in the shop for more safety mods too meet NHRA specs.
Will probably do some launches and out to 1/8 mile and then lift and cruise through the traps.

Then go easy on the launch and WOT in 3rd and 4th to see what she will do on the top.
That can change at any moment as well ... especially if I line up against a hot Mustang.

Will definitely post the Dyno under the Finished Builds Forum once it is done...don't have any estimate as to when that will be.
They did say that the TUNE is involved especially with the Flex Fuel and they are evaluating the efficiency / performance of their new Twin Fuel Pumps and Intake Manifold.
They said it might be 2 weeks worth of Tuning once it's on the Dyno.