View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 10:41 AM   #11 (permalink)
Redglare
Enthusiast Member

Drives: C172 Skyhawk GIII
Redglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond reputeRedglare has a reputation beyond repute

I know the dealer lobby is strong but why can't Amazon + other tech giants + manufacturers team up and overthrow the dealer lobby?

Cut out the middle man, open own repair stations - sell cars direct to customer on Amazon or even manufacturers website, either ship them to the door or allow pick up at the factory/ service center.

I've read that the cost to R/D + manufacture your average car is SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than MSRP.
The MSRP has dealer profit built in, I wouldn't be surprise if they leave 30% or so of the price for the 'dealer'

cut it out and your average car price will decrease by thousands, a base corolla would be more like 8k than 15k.
Redglare is offline   Reply With Quote