Thread: Clutch Problems
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 07:51 AM   #8 (permalink)
elhombre
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z
elhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond reputeelhombre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nis350 View Post
Just curious how the air got in? air shouldn't get in the system if it is working/sealing properly. the seal maybe on its way out.

did you have some work done recently?
I just bought the car 6 months ago, the clutch was completely fine until the heat came. Then this happened.

I also just had the clutch go out on me again, with no leakage and a full reservoir. I more than likely left some air in there when I bled the clutch, possibly from frothing the fluid by pumping the clutch too quickly.

After I last bled the system I let the car sit for a weekend (went on vacation) and when I came back the pedal was soft but after 2 full strokes it was hard again and had a full stroke for 504 miles exactly before I again experienced my clutch go out.

I am going to back bleed the system and see what happens, if this doesn't work then I will re-check the master cylinder. If the slave cylinder was gone it would be leaking, or at least would have produced dirty clutch fluid immediately.
elhombre is offline   Reply With Quote