View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 09:39 AM   #1503 (permalink)
COSMO
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2012 Touring GTM TT
COSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond reputeCOSMO has a reputation beyond repute

One of the issues was my new clutch over extending because joe from zspeed didn't exactly know what size bushing to send. The next thing was having to get bryan to make new lower charge pipes because when bobby built my turbo kit he decided to go cheap and throw 2.5" piping coming off the intercooler then connecting to 3" piping that goes the throttle bodies. Major bottleneck for that size turbo. I also had him bore out my lower intake. He also had to fix a lot of items that needed to be addressed after bobby had my car for over 8 months. All of that along with removing my old motor, having a new block bored and honed, install a both heads, leak down test, injectors were sent off to be inspected and cleaned, and of course anything else that it takes to button everything back up and checked..
If it wasn't for bryan brooks (BBR racing) I'm really not sure who I would have used. He has given me faith again in honest people that do great work an for that I would highly recommend him to anyone.

I feel this time around the car will be right and fun as hell to drive. Now based that I'm really looking forward to the next project and depending of the new supra or z we will just have to see....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonbreath View Post
DIY isn't exactly very quick either because you end up having to work on other peoples time a lot. The machine shop was a big hang up for me. Then getting parts in and what not. Granted I'm sure it's probably getting done quicker than if I were to send it somewhere.

I hope they can get to it next Saturday. What was the hold up for today?

Last edited by COSMO; 07-17-2016 at 09:43 AM.