Thread: Racing Brakes
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 05:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo370z View Post
Question for people who drive there cars on the street and track and switch pads. I just bought a set for carbotech xp10/8 and a set of street pads. The carbotech pads will be on Used rotors, Should i have "my rotors reconditioned/turned with a fine cut" before racing on the track ( i was reading the instructions)? I'll have new slotted oem rotors going on the front ( I will be driving on the street until road atlanta in October and the rears have been on since i bought the car 2 1/2 years ago).
I don't think you'll have any problems. I just switched back and forth with xp10/xp8 and has no issues. I think that is one of the selling points of the carbotech is they are able to swap back and forth vs other pads like hawk.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote