View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 02:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
frankely
Base Member

Drives: 300c
frankely is on a distinguished road
Default Navi bezel with Custom LTE Nexus 7 tablet

I recently sold my 370z and took this custom mod off before letting her go. I dedicated a lot time working on this and it works flawlessly, and looks OEM.

$400 including shipping

Items including are:
OEM bezel modified for the 2nd gen Nexus
2nd gen LTE nexus 7 32gb with custom Timur's kernel optimized
Nuforce UDac3 for better sound via the USB port (sounds louder and clearer)
Anker Ultra slim USB hub
Anker 50w car charger with 5 ports each with 2.5amp (no heat issues)
USB host angled OTG cable
2 USB extension - (reach the glove box for easy usb drive access)

everything is about 8 months old and it was all purchased new for this install.

$400 including shipping

https://youtu.be/cTewKgUbglg

Please buy with confidence I would advice buyer to have some idea on how this set up works. The included picture is a general diagram without the speaker or the amp of course.

Everything you need to have this running in your car and it is ready to go. The only thing you might have to do is rescuer the table to the bezel with something else. I used vinyl because I was rushing at the end but it worked flawlessly.

access to physical buttons of the tablet is not required because I personally modified the boot up file to automatically start up the table as soon as it has sufficient charge in case it dies.

Sometimes when it got really hot the battery would die and I would have to wait 10 minutes before it would start again after a long duty day.

I am currently deployed in the middle east. For whoever decides to buy it, I will be happy to assist with the install via FaceTime or some other video chat app.

everything is boxed up and ready to be shipped, and the item location is Tampa Bay Florida.

Please see the quick video I put together.

https://youtu.be/cTewKgUbglg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Drawing2.jpg (38.1 KB, 124 views)
frankely is offline   Reply With Quote