View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 02:15 PM   #41 (permalink)
Desert Rat
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370Z M6 Base
Desert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Rat has a reputation beyond repute

Well, nice pissing match between Japanese v. American cars.

Japanese cars smoked the American ones in the 80s with a few notable exceptions like the turbo buicks, Syclones, and even in the dismal 80s the Vette was still an icon.

These days not so much. Japanese quality is WAY down. Nissans are ranked among the worst for reliability these days. Chrysler is one of the few that's actually worse than Nissan. I haven't been impressed with recent Toyotas either. GF has a 2011 Highlander that rattles and shakes all over.

If you want to continue the pissing match, let's talk trucks. The Tundra and Titan still don't compare to US models in sales numbers, and only the Tundra competes in build quality. I'll keep my '07 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins diesel for a LONG time because it's one of the best trucks on the road with the venerable 5.9 Cummins.

But this thread wasn't about all that.....it was about driving impressions, and Dodge builds a dandy car in the Challenger, and I will still call the SRT a performance Icon because right now, the current SRT Hellcat is the baddest thing on the road in the states that's not an exotic.

So carry on.