View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 03:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ecutek traction control

Ok so I now have ecutek tune and really liking it but have not pushed the car yet (no track days coming up soon). I am still a bit confused on the traction control feature. So the way mine is set is I have a 0-100% selectable traction control when VDC is off so I understand that part. The part I am confused about is from the factory to my understanding VDC is more than just traction control, it will also help straighten the car out (through inputs from the yaw sensor and steering angle sensor). Now with VDC off (Oem) you no longer have those assist, as tested in open lot figure 8 testing it will let you spin with no interference. So now with ecutek and VDC off with selectable traction control what happens to the stability assist part of VDC? Is it completely off like Oem or does it reduce with the % of traction assist you select? I'm a bit lost on how the other parts of VDC get effected, I understand the traction control portion of how much wheel slip it allows before fuel cut, ignition retard or however the tuner has decided to reduce power but what happens to the dynamics control of the system?
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote