View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 03:11 PM   #34 (permalink)
Scott_f91
Base Member

Drives: 370z 7AT
Scott_f91 is on a distinguished road

So the location of the Airlift controller had been bugging me for a while. I had it in the armrest cubby which I didn't find ideal. I spent some time looking for a better location to mount it and after weighing up my options I went for to the left of the steering wheel and to the right of the centre console/starter button.

I had intended on bolting my bracket on. With this In mind I made it so the holes would be in the lower part of the dash trim, a place I thought wouldn't be as bad should I ever choose to remove it, as its more discreet and an easier item to replace.

So I made my bracket. The material used was more than sturdy so I cut a hole for some weight saving :lol:

Some paint and foam pads later

Then onto removing some plastics to re route the cable to the footwell

And wallah all mounted

I am very pleased with it and its a massive improvement over being in the cubby. It feels solid when pressing the buttons, which are now much easier to access. Obviously not 100% visible without moving my head but its still much easier to use and was a more simple mounting option. I'll just touch up the bolts with some black touch up paint to help blend them in and im happy!

Also had a great day at Meguires this weekend organized by Amy (thanks Amy!) and was good to meet a few new faces!

Thats al for now, thanks for looking
Scott_f91 is offline   Reply With Quote