View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 03:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
Scott_f91
Base Member

Drives: 370z 7AT
Scott_f91 is on a distinguished road

Another update was my exhaust! I finally have the GTR backbox fitted! A welcome milestone for me was being able to take that awful oem system off. On my way back from Kaizer I went to Pipecraft, who I had previously spoken with in detail about this. Another place I would highly recommend.

Unfortunatley I haven't really got any pictures as my phone had died at this point. I must get a better picture and of course a video clip!

The original plan was to replicate what I had on the 350. Mid pipe silencers out, GTR backbox in place of OEM. As mentioned earlier I had already cut everything off in preparation this time. Once the old backbox was off and we offered up the GTR one, we had a change of plan.

Being a bit of a tool, and trying to go one better than last time, I thought it would be a good idea to get a nice shine from the backbox. Which I was taking the right steps towards, however it turns out that everything on the system is only mild steel, the box isnt stainless As i previously thought. The one of the 350 remained nice was because I only 'tidied' that one up.... not starting to sand off what turned out to be the protective layer..

We opted to separate the 2 cans that make up the gtr backbox, and put each one in each midpipe. and have the backbox area as straight pipes. The advantages to this were not having a potentially tarnished box on show, much more direct airflow, and of course a much easier job fitting it, as to do so meant having to have pipes loop over/under each other.

The setup is basically the same as before just the other way around. instead of straight pipe then backbox, we effectively have back box then straight pipe. Its interesting though hearing the difference in sound of the 370 in comparison to the 350. Will have to get a video up of them both together some time!
Scott_f91 is offline   Reply With Quote