View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 03:04 PM   #19 (permalink)
Scott_f91
Base Member

Drives: 370z 7AT
Scott_f91 is on a distinguished road

So long time no update... copy and pasted from other forum..

So a few (belated) updates. Firstly tackling my dash light issues and my 'loose' steering wheel. So a visit to Sly@Kaizer was in order!

Shortly after having the car Sly and the guys got to the bottom of my issues. The airbag light was caused by a broken spiral cable, which also caused the steering wheel controls on the right hand side to not work. This was ordered and fitted on my next visit a few weeks later. My loose steering wheel was literally a loose bolt, in the steering collumn. They also picked up on the rear droplinks which needed replacing and that the toe bolts were 350z ones, which are slightly shorter than the 370 ones, so they didn't reach into the locking part of the nut. Again these were ordered and replaced a few weeks later. Which we then discovered that the toe bolt hole still needed elongating to allow for the additional adjustment of the eccentric washer.

With regards to my annoying bonnet pop up light, I was feeling optimistic with my new cancellors fitted. I was even armed with a replacement ecu module. However the diagnostics revealed the cancellors loop out the bonnet actuators, stopping it from firing, not the sensors and the system itself. Meaning the only way to clear my light, was to replace the 3 missing sensors... £1300 from Nissan. :scare:

However, a continual search led me to a breaking 370, that had no front end damage! So here we are, 3 replacement sensors.. Lets hope this does the job!

Just want to say a huge thanks to sly and the guys for their help and advice with everything so far. When sourcing the sensors in particular the breakers and I had several queries and Sly was always there to help!

I also have my rear fog light now, and along with my sensors I got the backing plate for the foglight so I can get that on soon now!
Scott_f91 is offline   Reply With Quote