View Single Post
Old 07-14-2016, 09:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
140BPM
Base Member

Drives: 2009 Nissan 370Z
140BPM is on a distinguished road
Question Crazy brake judder after sitting in rain for a two days?

I've recently had to use my Z as a daily driver and have also had to leave it parked outside 24/7 while moving. Lately I've noticed an increase in feedback/vibration in the pedal after sitting in the rain overnight. But this week I left it sit for 2 full days in off and on rain. Now the brakes shake like hell as if severe rotor fade.

I took a look and I can see the distinct outline of the front brake pad imprinted on the driver side rotor, but barely visible on the passenger side. Rears look normal. These rotors are 2 seasons old (slotted aftermarket) and have been bedded in properly. I've never had an issue until the last two weeks.

One thing that has changed is I got new rear tires and alignment at the dealership. Could I have a caliper sticking or going bad? Perhaps dealership over-torqued or mis-torqued the lugs? I can't seem to make sense of it.

Oh, and trying to refresh the rotors by going through the bed-in procedure has zero effect I may take them off and try to re-hone them (it's that bad).

Any ideas much appreciated.