View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 10:27 PM   #25 (permalink)
Ape Factory
Base Member

Drives: Audi RS5/QX70S
Ape Factory will become famous soon enough

I posted this over in the tuning section but someone suggested I post it in the intake/exhaust section. Instead of starting a new thread, thought I'd just add to this one.

Looking to see if any Nismo owners have run on the dyno with just the Nismo intake and no other mods. My AFR's went super rich after 6K rpm. I'm seeing low 10's, even a few 9's using an OBD logger and mid 10's on a Dynojet with a tailpipe sniffer. Car is an G37 IPL. The tuner thinks the tube design may be messing with the MAF but it has the plastic venturi inserts which is supposed to "normalize" the flow for the MAF sensors compared to the stock airbox configuration.

My butt dyno said the throttle response improved and I have more low and midrange. Up top it seemed a wash but summer also kicked in with 100 degree day temps. Wheel spin is more of an issue than before. I made the mistake of not running the car on the dyno in stock form due to time constraints.

Just looking to see if a Nismo intake did this on anyone else's car or if something is amiss on mine. Here's the run.
Ape Factory is offline   Reply With Quote