View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 12:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Misnomer
Base Member

Drives: 2020 BMW M240i
Misnomer is on a distinguished road

So far I really like the Kenwood. I mostly use it for SiriusXM and CD playback, though I've also set some HD Radio presets. I don't know when I'll try the DVD playback, because I hardly ever have passengers in my car. The display is good (with a customizeable background image), if difficult to see in direct sunlight just like any other.

One small thing I like is the ability to change the color of the backlight on the side buttons (it's mostly touchscreen, but on the left there's a power button and something else). In the showroom the backlight was blue, but I was able to change it to red to match my interior. Minor, but I appreciated it.

Getting the steering wheel selector to work properly took some doing: the "scan" function can either go by station or by preset, so I had to put it in the right mode to get the selector to cycle through my presets. I also had to disable the audio recording function that's available with SiriusXM: if you change stations or something, you can start a song from the beginning because it's always recording a certain amount of whatever station you're listening to. Sort of like a DVR for the radio. Anyway, the steering wheel selector tended to start songs over instead of going to the next station, but once I turned that feature off (I didn't care about it) the selector worked just fine.

In short, after two months I have no regrets about this unit.

Hope I'm not too late to be useful!
Misnomer is offline   Reply With Quote