View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 11:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ventruck
Track Member

Drives: '13 Sport+Touring M6
Ventruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond repute
Default New secondhand Z owner

Nearing the month mark, so maybe not all that new.

2013 Sport+Touring Black Cherry a hair under $25k with 30k miles. Lurking around, I know there have been better deals, but in the area I couldn't find such in the last few months. Impression of the last owner was very promising, too. No pics because the other week it got a fender bender when parked in a literal 15mi/h residential zone.

Otherwise, impressions echo what has been said at the forum enough times: 1st/2nd a bit rough (well 2nd is a matter of shifting more slowly imo), oil temp can make me uneasy at times, but awesome drive. Also got familiar with that (not)awesome paint quality. But end of the day, even adding up all the flaws, I couldn't see myself wanting anything else in the price range as much as a Z.

After the trip to the auto body shop, I'm targeting the CSC replacement asap. Previous owner's logs reported a clutch flush/replacement by a dealer after his clutch feedback went. Otherwise I'm also looking towards an oil cooler and lip (mainly to take a beating instead of the bumper itself) sooner than later. In the meantime, only thing "done" to the car is a GT-R button swap, like most owners.

Probably won't post much early on since I'll be trying to find answers in over 7 years of existing posts. I've been in enough forums to know there's a search function. That being said, this forum has been an awesome resource thus far. Being able to read up on issues and solutions actually contributed to my decision to the purchase. Cheers

Last edited by Ventruck; 07-12-2016 at 11:59 PM.
Ventruck is offline   Reply With Quote