View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 03:43 PM   #537 (permalink)
Eagle
Track Member

Drives: 2011 370z Red 6MT
Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisdecks View Post
I've had this happen to me twice since I bought my Z and I was just short of half tank. The first time I was entering a freeway ramp to merge into the freeway. The entrance was a nice turn so I dropped it into 3 from 4. I was going about 42 mph when I entered the ramp. I shot out the ramp into the freeway at 75 mph. As soon as I entered the freeway I entered 4 and continued speeding until about 30 seconds into 4th I felt a slight loss of power which then led into losing complete power of the car. Luckily I was still close to the edge so I pulled over and turned off my car. But after it wouldn't want to turn on everything was reading well except my fuel. My fuel guage wasn't reading anything but I knew I had gas. After multiply attempts on turning on the vehicle I had my friend assist me with a 2 gallon gas tank. After I poured the gas into the gas tank it fired right back up with no hesitation. Shortly after I went to chevron to fill her up. She only took 12 gallons out of a 19 gallon tank. I had about 5 gallons in my tank when it shut off on me. The second time I was also entering a freeway but I wasn't speeding into the entrance due to being scared from the first time it shut off. I was going about 30 mph into the entrance when all of a sudden getting into the freeway once again it shut off. Everything felt the same as from the first time. What was strange to me was that I wasn't gunning the throttle at all nor was i taking the turn strong enough were the G force is throwing the car sideways. I run 305/30/19 on my back wheels so grip into a turn is no problem. Since these two incidents I haven't entered a freeway ramp at such high speeds unless I'm full tank or above half. It's been about two months since a situation like this has happen to me again. Could this be the same problem even though I'm not on a track ? I bought my Z used so I didn't know how the owner before me treated the car. I don't really gun the throttle nor toucher the engine. Could this problem still happen to me again ?
Yes this sounds like fuel starvation and it WILL happen again. I've done it more times than i care to admit on right turn freeway on-ramps and 90 degree corners. The way to prevent this is to buy the CJM Road Race Pump, try the solution Martin mentioned regarding a 2nd pump on the drivers side or....you could try Z1's kit which uses a bladder called HydraMat.

nismo| EVO-R High Wing | Stillen Gen 3 CAI | SEIBON TS Hood | Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler | VMR 810 Wheels | Endless MX72 Pads |Sabelt GT-140 Seat |Fly1Motorsports RS1 Fenders | Hotchkis Front Sway Bar | Berk HFC |
Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote