View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 01:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
sajibaba
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Roadster, 6mt
sajibaba is on a distinguished road
Default Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuyFla View Post
Hi
My feeling is the roadster is a touring machine & I really don't want it to sound real loud.
Thanks for the info guys. At the risk of derailing my own post, Johnny Leiberman had a great review of the ZR where he said it didn't have any problems hanging with the coupes in terms of performance and was actually more electric / engaging to drive because of the drop top.
Anyway, I did my own experiment and deleted my muffler since it was so easy to do. Couple of things to note: I'm in my 40's which is to say I don't love loud exhausts and I"m coming from an stock s2000 for comparison sake. With the roof down, there was no point at which I thought the car was droning or too much which was my big concern having read about so many coupe owners that couldn't stand the noise. I think the separation we have between trunk and cabin makes a huge difference. It was actually still slightly quieter then the stock Honda but screams nicely when above 4.5 or 5k. I could of course smell the exhaust because I just did the muffler delete and didn't add short tails or anything. It definitely adds a lot of enjoyment to the car and I'm pretty happy with the results.
This is essentially what the car will sound like if I install short tails or have a muffler shop put on some pipes and tips right?
sajibaba is offline   Reply With Quote