View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 08:06 AM   #14 (permalink)
370Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 Corvette G.S.
370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute370Zsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Now at 1200 miles, never had her past about 5k....until the other day....heh heh...

For the first 1200, I would sometimes give it a goose from 3000-4000 rpm's, but that was it, aside from a couple of times when I enthusiastically went up around 5000 by mistake

Went for a ride north of here the other day (Route 22 north of Brewster, NY), looking for a place to finally open her up...At 1184, I brought her to 5000rpm a few times..I feel like I've been riding a tiger for the last month...a cool calm collected tiger that doesn't mind a leash...but you feel the POWAH underneath the calm....

At 1190 I brought her up to 5500 for the first time, just a quick burst. Amazing difference in noise level and thrash thru the stick (all good )

The big cat is ready to run, Bubba. Time to let out the reins....

I wound my way through Goldens Bridge on 22 South...at 1198 miles I found The Place, a stretch of about a mil of straight road with no side streets or driveways...and I brought it to WOT for the first time...whoa!

The beast was unleashed...the big cat is out of the woods....I can't believe the power that builds and just keeps building right up to redline.

I also notice that when you are up high in the revs that if you are not mashing the gas, it is actually quite civilized. It's only at WOT that all hell breaks loose.

What an engine. What a car. Happy happy. The End.