View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 10:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Darwins Child
Base Member

Drives: '14 Z Tour+Sport 7AT
Darwins Child is on a distinguished road

The job is done.

I first lightly ground all of the concrete surface to be coated. After removing all dust, I coated with Rust Bullet "High Performance Industrial Grade Protective Coating", which the local distributor claimed was the same formulation as the coating for concrete, but with another nameplate.

With 1 quart I was able to brush on 4 very heavy coats and, BTW, this stuff stinks! After drying for 3 days, there is no peeling whatsoever and, to my touch, I'd think only one heavy coat had been applied. The concrete must really soak up this stuff like a sponge.

It is amazingly difficult to discern details in the paint and the concrete underneath, even by eye, so it's even more difficult to take photos that show any detail. The rougher sand-mix that I used to fill in the spalling appears and feels rougher to the touch.

Next spring I'll report back how it performed under the sandy, salty lake of winter. If the stuff performs well, I may expand the coated area or even coat the whole floor, but the latter would require renting a large grinder and removing everything from the garage for several days. In short, it would be a real royal PIA to do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg paint.jpg (90.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg paint1.jpg (368.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg paint 2.jpg (119.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg paint 3.jpg (66.3 KB, 13 views)
Darwins Child is offline   Reply With Quote