View Single Post
Old 07-09-2016, 01:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator44 View Post
This is one of the things I was leaning towards.

My fuel pressure gauge is reading zero prior to start. Fuel pressure is at 52 as soon as the car starts cranking and at idle. Pressure is also stable. It doesn't matter how many times I prime the fuel pump prior to start, fuel pressure reads 0 at the damper until cranking. I did find out that once the car is idling, if I turn it off and wait 5-10 seconds then turn it back on, It fires up like normal every time. You're saying fuel pressure should remain around 50 even if the car sits for an hour? I do notice a strong smell of gas right after startup. Possible leaking injector?

I'll take a look. What symptoms did you have?
If you're at 0 psi before cranking then you are having a residual fuel pressure drop issue. Now you need to find what is not holding pressure wether it be a regulator, pump check valve or injector. Need to start pinching off sections of the system to determine what part is not holding.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote