View Single Post
Old 07-09-2016, 11:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
Aviator44
Enthusiast Member

Drives: AAM Twin Turbo 370Z
Aviator44 is a jewel in the roughAviator44 is a jewel in the roughAviator44 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMotorsports View Post
Starter may be going out? They can get real warm in these turbo cars.
This is one of the things I was leaning towards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBatt View Post
Check your fuel pressure before you start the engine. It should be around 50psi unless it has been setting for a long time (weeks). If the pressure is good then look elsewhere. If the pressure has leaked down try this. Turn the car on but don't start it. This will allow the pump to run a few seconds. Check the pressure again. If it is good then try and start the engine. If it fires up normally then you may have a fuel pressure regulator problem (leaking).

You might want to check your battery starting voltage too. It should not drop below about 10 volts when the engine is turning over. If it does then you have a weak battery.

Good luck and let us know what you find.
My fuel pressure gauge is reading zero prior to start. Fuel pressure is at 52 as soon as the car starts cranking and at idle. Pressure is also stable. It doesn't matter how many times I prime the fuel pump prior to start, fuel pressure reads 0 at the damper until cranking. I did find out that once the car is idling, if I turn it off and wait 5-10 seconds then turn it back on, It fires up like normal every time. You're saying fuel pressure should remain around 50 even if the car sits for an hour? I do notice a strong smell of gas right after startup. Possible leaking injector?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjo1078 View Post
i would check the spark plugs too, my spark plugs were shot after zdayz.
I'll take a look. What symptoms did you have?

www.aamcompetition.com
AAM Twin Turbo System

Last edited by Aviator44; 07-09-2016 at 12:03 PM.
Aviator44 is offline   Reply With Quote