View Single Post
Old 07-08-2016, 09:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Silverstone
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Nismo #0507
Silverstone has a reputation beyond reputeSilverstone has a reputation beyond reputeSilverstone has a reputation beyond reputeSilverstone has a reputation beyond reputeSilverstone has a reputation beyond reputeSilverstone has a reputation beyond reputeSilverstone has a reputation beyond reputeSilverstone has a reputation beyond reputeSilverstone has a reputation beyond reputeSilverstone has a reputation beyond reputeSilverstone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhill View Post
I'm in the same boat as you and have been looking for a while. From what I have found is the tein will reach near Oem height, hks will reach near Oem height and rsr will reach stock height.

The tein seem to have the firmest spring rates from what I found. The hks I'm still curious about as all reviews that I have found for them state they are very daily drivable but they do use a 10k front and 9k rear spring, also progressive rate in the rear. I am really interested in the rsr but have found no reports of how they are on the z (a lot of frs though). The rsr have me interested because they are 8k/8k linear just like oem and the are a composite ti spring (so light weight) also they keep all the rubber isolators for noise. So in theory should be able to retain Oem ride on street and then firm the valving for track days.

Haven't made the move myself but that's what I've gathered so far.

Oh and kW v3 will reach near Oem height but I don't like the ride characteristics of progressive rate springs.
I almost grabbed some RSR ZZ-R coilovers due to its lower price. The only real review on this page shared a blown shock in the first 6 months, if I recall correctly.

I instead pulled the trigger on HKS Hipermax IV GTs for my NISMO. Haven't installed them yet, due to still being overseas, but I've seen nothing but great reviews of them. These come preadjusted out of the box with a small drop and have been reviewed as improving the driving feeling.
Silverstone is offline   Reply With Quote