View Single Post
Old 07-08-2016, 01:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Bshields22
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 Black 370Z-R
Bshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond reputeBshields22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default 4 Types of Car People

Thought I would share the 4 categories of car people I think there are. Maybe there are more but I think these are your absolute core without getting into subcategories:

1. The Collector: Hardly drives the cars he/she owns. Likes to keep it spotless to show people when they come over. Takes it to cars shows...the car has never seen 6th gear though

2. The Enthusiast: Always reading up on the latest about cars, rebuilds etc. Favorite show is Top Gear. Moderate to strong knowledge about whats going on in the car industry. Most likely has a nice car to feel part of the "car world" but doesn't have to own anything special to be a part of it, we are all family lol. Mostly uses it as a Daily Driver. Nothing too crazy.

3. The Driver: Arguably the "real" car person in my opinion. Usually maintains his or her car as a collector would, takes the same interest in the auto community as an enthusiast however uses their sports car or off road vehicle as it should be used. Track day, cruises to no where, rallies, road trips, car meets (blazin a trail for you off road people, or whatever you do )

4 The Mechanic: This is the guy or girl who has a project car or enjoys the work on cars more than anything else. Been working on the car for a LOOOOOOONNNNGGGG time. You have hear him or her say "just 1 more part or tune or pull or whatever lol" (much respect either way). This is the guy every car guy wish he knew. Your trusted mechanic friend . You'll go on a canyon run or track day with him (if the car is finished) then after that event its a few more weeks in the garage re-tuning and making "adjustments".

Much respect to all 4 categories as everyone chooses their own path. Hopefully you guys can all relate. Maybe there is a category I am not thinking of. Pretty sure these cover it.

Thanks for reading!
308 rwhp | 252 rwtq | Fast Intentions CBE 18" Res | Stillen Gen 3 CAI | EcuTek Tune | Stoptech Slotted Rotors and Sport Pads | KW V3 Coilovers | SPL Upper Control Arms & Lower Rear Arms | Seibon CF TS Hood | Vossen CVT | SPC Toe bolts

Last edited by Bshields22; 07-08-2016 at 01:21 PM.
Bshields22 is offline   Reply With Quote