View Single Post
Old 07-08-2016, 05:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
bLKchry370z
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370Z 6MT
bLKchry370z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nis350 View Post
the balance machines I've seen have different methods for the placement of the weights. One is on the center of the wheels and the other is on the inner and outer part. The center method is terrible and the inner/outer method is more accurate. unfortunately they normally don't place the weights on the most outer part because of the lip of the wheel thus less accurate.

Some tire shops have the 'road force' balance machine which is suppose to be more accurate, but cost quite a bit more. I haven't tried that personally.

I also have Work wheels and do experience a very slight vibration between 65 - 75 mph. I found that higher tire pressure (37-38) seems to minimize the vibration.

BTW - do you have the correct hub rings?
That's also where my vibration is mainly at also. The hub rings are the correct size too. I know back when I used to mount custom wheels, I used to use a static balance but that's going back about 15 years ago. lol. I know the methods and technologies have changed since than. I have some free time this weekend so maybe I'll triple check to make sure that everything is centered correctly on the hub, and try adjusting the tire pressures as well.