View Single Post
Old 07-08-2016, 12:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
nis350
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
nis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond reputenis350 has a reputation beyond repute

the balance machines I've seen have different methods for the placement of the weights. One is on the center of the wheels and the other is on the inner and outer part. The center method is terrible and the inner/outer method is more accurate. unfortunately they normally don't place the weights on the most outer part because of the lip of the wheel thus less accurate.

Some tire shops have the 'road force' balance machine which is suppose to be more accurate, but cost quite a bit more. I haven't tried that personally.

I also have Work wheels and do experience a very slight vibration between 65 - 75 mph. I found that higher tire pressure (37-38) seems to minimize the vibration.

BTW - do you have the correct hub rings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bLKchry370z View Post
that's what I'm def going to do first is recheck the balancing. I know that there are no suspension issues because it was smooth as glass before I put my work wheels on. I'm just hoping that there's no issue with the craftsmanship of the wheel itself. I know Work is a reputible company, but it can happen.
nis350 is offline   Reply With Quote